Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back Home After A Week That Truly Impacted Me...

Dear Supporters,

I got back from Patriot Academy 2009 last week and boy was I tired! I had a full week where everyday started at 7:30 am and ended at 11:30 pm. My schedule was filled with relevant teaching from past and present politicians who are leading the change for God in American government. I was involved in workshops led by Congressman Rick Green himself; workshops included experience using rapport in public speaking all the way to developing and discerning good policy in government. One of the key concepts truly cemented in my thinking returning from PA '09 was the LIFT Principles.

L imited Governmnet

I ndividual Responsibility

F ree Market

T raditional Values

I learned that all policy should in some way uphold one or more of these important principles. These principles are derived from the Bible and what God says the role of government should be. As the Declaration of Independence states,

"That to secure these rights [life, liberty, pursuit of happiness] government is instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed- that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends it is the right of the people to abolish that government and institute a new government laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its power in such form..."

I also participated in a 'mock legislation' on the house floor located in the Capitol Building. While on the house floor, I took part in the most hands on political process available. I was a part of the Muhlenberg Committee where I helped push through good legislation and prevent bad legislation. I believe the best way to learn is to actually participate and experience; the 'mock legislation' was that learning experience for me- debating on the house floor was probably my favorite part of PA '09.

Many have asked me why I attended Patriot Academy. I found my response in Eph. 5:16 NLT, "Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days." PA is by far an amazing opportunity that is definitely doing great good in these difficult days. They are lighting a path for future freedom fighters to go out and carry the torch of liberty.

While I was down in Austin, TX, I was praying that God would reveal the next step for me to take once the academy was over. I didn't want to go home and wait till next year to come back and practice again. So while I was down there I learned about how the free enterprise system truly is a way to take back the land for God here in America. In the free enterprise system government does not create wealth, the people do. Freedom of enterprise and the right to work are imperative today. In order to combat against these new ideas of socialized government regulation in healthcare, business, and education, I will be taking part in the free enterprise system by working for myself. I have partnered with an organization out of Spokane Washington called Worldwide Dream builders, and their mission statement is,

"To provide opportunity, education, training, motivation, and the environment to succeed through a Free Enterprise System.

To encourage a life of excellence with "No Regrets" while partnering with associates around the world who are also building their own personal businesses and achieving their dreams.

To impact our generation and generations to come with the truth that God created us for greatness."

So as I start my second year of college in a few weeks I plan on traveling to Colorado Springs, CO in October to a convention called Free Enterprise Days. It’s a weekend-long full of teaching, a church service on Sunday morning, and special guest speaker...Rick Green and Wall Builders!

As Patriot Academy was coming to a close I had the opportunity to speak with Rick Green about his plans to speak in Colorado Springs this October and I will be meeting up with him there to help him promote Patriot Academy as well as give a testimony to Patriot Academy through a video we created while I was down in Austin, TX. They are expecting thousands from all over the country to come to this once a year meeting, promoting God in business. I will be contacting all those I know here at home who currently own there own business and inviting them to this awesome conference in October!

I plan on attending Patriot Academy as long as I can. There is so much I feel I have yet to learn, and just one week is not enough to gain all the valuable truth and experience they have to offer. Again, I thank every one who supported me on my trip down to Austin, TX this past week. It was a seed well sown, and I thank God for blessing me with individuals in life who want to see the cause of freedom ring throughout this country.

Thank you for all your support! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

In your humble service,

Silence Dogood

No comments:

Post a Comment